I think I've built up ianneubert.com enough to release it under the GNU GPL.
- Uses XML/RSS feeds as source for page content and sidebars
- Handles any number of feeds
- Password access to view extra feeds
- Feeds are updated manually as to not interfere with normal site traffic
- Counts number of comments for LiveJournal feeds
- Fast... caching system for all feeds, data is displayed via local database
- XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant output
- CSS based front-end makes skinning easy
- Netflix sidebar shows current queue and recently shipped items
It requires the following packages:
- PHP 5 or higher
- MySQL 4.0.x
- PHP PEAR with HTML_Page2, HTML_Table, HTML_CSS, and HTML_QuickForm
That should be about it. Let me know if you want to work on it! I want to add features to make it more robust in handling various feeds and their permissions. I was toying with the idea of letting people setup accounts on the system so they can view their own set of feeds. A control panel for the system data would be good too.
Download from here.