I'll take a stab at a mini-review on this waste of $7.
Overall: 1 out of 5 stars, I hated it.
Things I liked:
- Special effects looked good, and blended well
- It was slightly under two hours
- Ray guns
- It was sci-fi
Things I didn't like:
- Pointless plot
- Why did the aliens want earth so bad?
- Why didn't the aliens prevent humans from even forming if they were here to drop off gigantic tripods millions of years before the attack?
- Why did no one detect the tripods before? We can scan for oil from space, but not big, metal, alien, tripods?
- Why did the tripods vaporize some people, but harvest others?
- What was with all the red, root-like stuff?
- I was bored the whole time watching Tom Cruise consistently run and hide from the big, bad, tripods
- The ending sucked